Benefits of PICP
- Eastern States Paving can mechanically install PICP with machines, making it economically competitive with pervious concrete on large projects.
- 8000 p.s.i. high strength interlocking concrete units support heavy vehicular traffic.
- PICP withstands turning movements from tires without undue wear and degradation seen in porous asphalt and pervious concrete.
- High infiltration rates can be maintained against clogging; aggregate in drainage openings trap sediment at the surface; aggregate can be removed and replenished if deeply clogged.
- Attractive appearance of PICP provides marketing advantages and makes a strong statement about where stormwater is going and the sustainable nature of the site.
- PICP can be constructed to meet ADA requirements.
- Installation of PICP is not weather dependent; can be installed in freezing temperatures, rainfall, and hot weather.
- Since PICP is manufactured in a factory environment there is no curing time and it is ready for traffic immediately after installation.
- PICP can be made in light colors to increase surface reflection or albedo which contributes to reduced temperatures and the need for nighttime lighting.
- PICP does not use petroleum based material that leach into the soil.
- Units will not crack and they can be removed and reinstated if there is a need for base or underground utility repairs or installation of new underground pipes. Patches are not visible with PICP. Porous Asphalt and pervious concrete patches are unattractive and because they are monolithic materials, their original structural capacity is reduced after repairing cut pavement.
Project: Greenwood Town Center - Seattle, WA | Material: SF-Rima
Click here for a Case Study of the Chehalem Cultural Center project installed by Eastern States Paving, Inc. (.pdf)
Click here for a list of PICP projects completed
by Eastern States Paving, Inc. (.pdf)
Click here for a PICP comparison guide. (.pdf)
Adobe reader required to view .pdf files.